Miracast for PC refers to the standard of wireless technologies used by your PC to project the computer to a display, projector or TV, as well as the video players that use it for viewing. To share what you have on your PC, build slide shows and play games on a larger screen, the Miracast PC can be used. If you have a Computer with a Windows operating system that supports Miracast, to complete the connection, you can add a wireless monitor to the PC and start projecting.
What is the Miracast Apps
You may also view the screen on your laptop or PC on another device’s screen, such as a Monitor, projector, or other similar device, utilizing this application. Usually this is the time you need when you wish to show your work for someone to see or to be able to enjoy a video or movie on a computer bigger than your PC or laptop.
Generally, since they have been implanted directly into the computer, the newest PC or laptop computers still have technology. However, if your device turns out to be one of the devices that doesn’t support Miracast yet, then using this application is the best solution you can do.
Miracast Application Features
This application has a variety of features that can allow us to see the view on a PC or laptop on other computers now, including the following:
- Easy to change DPI
- Allows to turn on connected devices while in standby mode
- Supports almost all devices that already use Miracast technology
- Connecting with other devices is easier because it uses the shortcut feature with just one click
How to Download and Install Miracast for PC
It is so easy to download this application. It is strongly recommended to use an emulator application because you will download it to a PC or laptop. One emulator software that you can use is BlueStacks. If the BlueStacks application has already been installed on your PC or laptop, the instructions for installing the Miracast application are as follows:
- Open the BlueStacks application on your PC or laptop
- If you’ve just downloaded it, the first time you open it you will be asked to enter initial data such as an email and the terms of the agreement.
- After completing this stage, then open the Play Store application on the home page
- Then enter the keyword Miracast into the search field
- Select the Miracast application, then install it and wait for it to finish
- And now you can use Miracast on your PC.
How to check if your PC supports Miracast
- Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog, then type dxdiag and press Enter.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will open. After the tool has finished gathering all the information about your computer, click on the Save all Information button.
- You now need to pick where to save the DxDiag.txt file on your computer. You can save it in a quick access location such as your desktop.
- Open the DxDiag.txt file which is usually notepad format. Scroll to the bottom of the report where you will find the Miracast status on your PC. It will read available Miracast, in which case your TV will be ready to cast its display to a compatible device or read unsupported Miracast in which case you may wish to explore other options.
Set up Miracast on Windows PC
Miracast is integrated into the computers of today and was first integrated into Windows 8.1. You can send up to 1080p HD video as well as 5.1 surround sound to Miracast.
- To set up Miracast on Windows 10, you need to enable Miracast support if it’s already built in. If not, make sure the external adapter is connected to the HDMI port on your PC then turn it on.
- Navigate to starting on your windows PC then to settings, devices and finally to connected devices.
- Click “Add a new device” and the adapter will appear in the list.
- Select on the receiving adapter and the settings will be ready to use.
If the connection is not successful, check the Miracast device driver on your PC. Display and Wi-Fi driver must be fully functional and PC supported Wi-Fi. If this is not resolved, try another adapter or contact the manufacturer for a durable solution.
Don’t Miss out: Waterfox for PC Windows
That’s how to download Miracast for your PC or laptop. The use of this application aims to make it easier for you to connect to other devices easily using wifi without having to use cables. However, if you’re still comfortable using the cable, that’s fine too. The trick is to connect the HDMI cable of the device you wish to connect to your PC or laptop. Please tell us in the comment column if you have any questions.